Friday 10 May 2013

A food fair and an interesting find

On Monday, S and myself (J) took a trip to a food and craft festival in Cobham, Surrey, UK. It was certainly worth the journey, because there were plenty of stalls where you could taste delicious samples. There were cupcakes,curries,chocolates,chilli sauces,popcorn,scones,preserves,BBQ stalls, seasonings and a large variety of chutneys.

Among the others were the most memorable: The campervan bakery http://www.theflyingducks.co.uk/, the curry stall (although I don't recall it's name), and "Chipstix". This is an unusual snack that has been seen in South Africa and Vietnam (probably else where also, but these are the only two I know of). It is a twirl of potato on a large stick which is deep fried and seasoned with one of the many flavoured salts you could have. They include garlic butter (the one S and I had), mexican chilli, pizza, flame grilled BBQ, fried chicken and the usual crisp flavours. I have never seen anything like this before, and so was amazed at these tasty treats. My aunt suggested having a go at making one with a pineapple corer (or some other tool for a pineapple, I can't remember whether it was a corer, peeler etc). Here are a few pictures of these wonders:






No comments:

Post a Comment